Wednesday, July 23, 2008

In-room coffee at Carmel River Inn

Now I have to admit one thing that I didn't like about Italy (and a few other countries in Europe) was no coffee maker in the room. It is a standard that I had become accustom to in the US and England (well...there it was water boilers for tea) and it is nice to enjoy your morning cup in the privacy of your own room. But let me say that no place has lived up to the coffee luxury of Carmel River Inn in California. A coffee machine with a built-in coffee bean grinder....in your room...I'm loving it!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice! A good hint to a good stay. Anyway, my family and I are planning a trip to the location, and would appreciate any feedbakc on it's suitability as a one-night stay location for a family of four.
http://www.ca-bnb-review.com/?n=carmel+river+inn&id=201626&t=hotelinfo

Hope to hear from you soon!
Pierre Dowing

Jaynna Sims said...

It's a great place for a family. The cabins are off the main road so you can feel safe for the kids to run around outside. The small property has a bit of a neighborhood atmosphere...each cabin an outside area for lounging. It's outside of town but it's only a few minutes drive into town. Also, there are gas fireplaces so I'm sure it's very nice in the cooler weather. Let me know if you want to know more.