Saturday, November 29, 2008

Critters

This little crab somehow managed to crawl into our bathroom at night and die. It was there first of what to be some critter visitors in our little cabana at Hotel Del Rio in San Pedro, Ambergris, Belize. The "hotel" has a nice little common area where the guests seemed to use quite frequently which gave it a nice community feel. So much of a community feel that Debbie and I had no qualms of dashing to one of the other cabanas late at night to get a guy to come kill what was the biggest spider either Debbie or I had ever seen. Really...it had to have been at least 6 inches in diameter (including the legs). It moved to fast for us to get a picture of it. The owner and manager of the hotel says they didn´t know what type of spider it was. We are still alive now so I suppose it doesn´t matter now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that despite Chris' attempt to kill the giant spider with his girlfriend's tiny flip flop (he really needed a bigger shoe) ... the spider ESCAPED causing me to live in slight fear and apprehension for the rest of our stay. I have to admit that as much as I liked the hotel and the common area that allowed us to meet some cool people, I was relieved to get away from there and the giant spider! Spiders ... augh!

Jaynna Sims said...

Maybe this crab was a victim of the spider!