Saturday, December 30, 2006

Center for Advanced Technology

In my desires to learn more about sustainable living and development, I set out to visit a place that promotes/lives these ideas. After much scheduling re-shuffling I found myself going to CAT. Not being impressed by the quality of information on the website should have been a clue of what was to come at CAT. While CAT promotes great principles and ideas, I don't think a one day trip will be of great inspiration to a new-comer to ecological/sustainable living nor provide in-depth enough information for someone who is already informed on these topics. Maybe I am wrong on the matter of a new-comer. They do offer courses and maybe those are worthwhile, but I have not taken one so I can make an opinion. Don't get me wrong...I think CAT is trying to do a great thing...one just may not be inspired by their facilities. They do live and research the ideas they promote. I found CAT by exploring the ecovillage website...http://gen.ecovillage.org/. Maybe there is one near you that will be interesting to visit!

No comments: