Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Absolut Vodka Ice Bar

In an attempt to show a collegue an interesting time in London, we decided to try out the Ice Bar in London. It cost £12 to get int but that includes one fruity vodka drink. You get a special coat with gloves to wear to keep you warm as it is below freezing in there because yes...it is all made of ice...the bar, tables, and glasses. Needless to say, the coat and gloves don't keep your feet warm when you are wearing sandles! So it is a fun, try-it-once experience, not really interesting enough to keep going back...except to bring others :).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh cool (literally), you finally went to this. I'm sorry I missed out on this when I was visiting.

Are all of the drinks cold drinks or can you order something warm like hot cocoa? If so how does that work with the mugs made of ice?

Jaynna Sims said...

All drinks are made with Absolut vodkas of many flavors. And yes, as the glasses are made of ice, there is no hot chocolate being served. It is nice when you have worn a nice little spot in your glass where you drink from.

Anonymous said...

I am anxiously awaiting, on my tippy toes in fact, your next blog post

Glenn Morris said...

Cool. A must visit place in summer.When you enter in Ice bar .The atmospher gives you chilled winter feel. In that bar everything is made of ice including liquor serving glass.Mouthwatering cocktails and drinks are served with Absolut vodka.In Ice bar I like to enjoy my drink with Cohiba cigars.As my favorite cigars are not easily available in the local market, so I buy them online.