Monday, June 05, 2006

Paris - L'Orangerie and Eiffel

Well, the crew obliged me with my one sight-seeing request to visit the newly renovated and opened Musee de l'Orangerie, original and rightfully returned home of Monet's Water Lilies. The opening of the Museum was delayed by the discovery of a portion of an old wall under the museum during the renovations. A portion of the wall is now visible in the museum now. As for the Water Lilies, what an equisite display they have! A glass ceiling provides plenty of natural lighting. The first floor is dedicated the Water Lilies while the lower level has a surprisingly larger painting collection and where the old wall can be seen.

After a dinner at lovely little French cafe, Debbie got her fill of the Arc de Triomphe and we watched the Eiffel Tower go all sparkley from the Trocadero Gardens. I must say, I find the Eiffel Tower quite mesmerizing when it is lit up at night (but not when the sparkley lights are on). I highly recommend grabbing a bottle of wine and just letting your mind go free while you are hypnotized by the Eiffel Tower at night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang it, is everyone really that much taller than me? Am I really that short? Me thinks the camera lies! Lies! (but at least I don't look 10 pounds heavier!)

Jaynna Sims said...

It's always good to see the brighter side of things :). I'm sure it's all camera angles!