Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Chapel Bar

Jennifer and I got together for a late night drink at the Chapel Bar the night before Carter and Debbie showed up. It turned out they were having a costume party there (Duo's was the theme). It was a fun atmosphere and not too loud and obnoxious. The crowd was friendly and open...not necessarily sticking to the people they came with. There was a DJ and dance floor though the music wasn't exactly my tastes. It is a place that stays open past 11pm (always a good thing to know!!). They had hidden these playing cards around and if you found your matching card, you got a prize. Jennifer won some bubbles and this guy we met won a My Little Pony. 2 of Diamonds....where are you??

My Little Pony guy was quite stuck on the brilliance of England, London, and himself. It made me ponder once more why people live by stereotypes? Even though he says he allows people to prove themselves, the fact he commented that I was a progressive Texas shows more you have to prove you are not something, verse that you are something. Maybe one day we can live life truly being open to people.

No comments: