Wednesday, May 31, 2006

More Austin Visitors and sights

Debbie and Carter (Bernard in the middle) swung by London for a couple of days of their European tour. This picture is from a Mediterranean restaurant out by Hammersmith that we went to. The food was good (one of the first I've seen with coucous on the menu but then again I haven't been to many Mediterranean places here) however at the end of the evening, they spotted a mouse scurrying across the floor. I think that kill the place for everyone. I got a bit of a stomach ache from a bean appetizer that I originally had no plans of touching (should stuck with that).

We also ate at Ebury near Sloan Square for lunch one day. I thought the food was tasty a bit better fare that a lot of places. It was definitely worth the try. Carter also brought us to a chocolate shop (L'Artisan du Chocolat). They have a wide selection of chocolate morsels made with various ingredients. Of course, a chocolate shop is not complete without some trouffles as well (which it did).

We checked out the Modernism exhibit at the Victoria and Albert museum. It's a fun exhibit to see the thoughts of that period of how design can impact society. Unfortunately, London did not offer the gorgeous weather we had a few weeks ago to Debbie and Carter, but at least this was no surprise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think a headline I saw in the paper that someone was reading while riding the tube is an interesting summary of the weather we experienced, "The wettest drought in history" it proclaimed ...!