Sunday, July 09, 2006

Gabriel, a Penis, and a Birth

Or something like that is the title. In my attempt to go to this anti-G8 film festival tonight, I found myself on the rooftop of the Rampart Social Center in east London looking at 2 girls standing on chairs, panty-less with the skirts of their dresses up over their heads, leaving their body naked from the waist down. They stood there on the chairs about 8 feet apart with a rope holding sheets of paper with writing on them between them. Afterwards we found out that the rope was being held up not by their thighs as we had thought but due to the fact they had inserted the rope in them. This is the scene we saw as we came out on the roof...I knew then I was not at the film festival but it seemed interesting so I decided to stick around for a bit. What proceeded was surprisingly delightful and good and not so surprisinglg...intriguing. A performance ensued that to me started as if two girls were in their secret place in the woods, free to play as their child-like creative mind moved them. It slowly became more intense and it never seemed to loose the sense of a deep bond between these two girls. The setting could not have been more perfect...everyone in attendance agreed on this fact. This post is already long enough so I won't talk on what happens in it, but keep you eyes and ears open for a performance with 2 Greek girls coming to a local theatre near you (in London). I think I heard them say they will be performing it at Ladbroke Grove on Portobello Road.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's what I call art. ;)

Anonymous said...

Jaynna, that sounds kind of gross.