Sunday, July 09, 2006

MAR-GHER-ITA!!!!!!!!!!

OH YES!! Margherita, let me count the ways you refresh me! My goodness I forgot how refreshing a margherita is!! In my attempt to find a sushi place that ended up being closed, I stumbled across a Mexican restaurant La Perla that seemed to be calling me so I went in to eat. How happy I was to see chips and salsa already waiting for me at the table! To top it off, the salsa was actually spicy. And it was that perfect spicyness where it's not too spicy but spicy enough that you have to keep eating it to postpone that oh so good burn. This, in addition to the latest heat wave here, was just demanding I have a margherita so I got one on the way. While a bit tangy, it actually wasn't half bad. I did savor it and not just gulp it down quickly. I ordered some chicken quesadillas and rice but they are not much to talk about. The menu was interesting and worth trying other things to find something good. So, at the least, this place is good for some drinks and chips and salsa. You can also get some of those good summer Cuban drinks here as well. I wish I had found this place a while back as I was craving a mojito.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Didn't the Gunnars reveal their secret recipe to you for the ultimate margherita? You could have your own little fiesta.