Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Fresh Italian Milk

Oh, how my childhood memories of getting fresh milk from an old lady we knew came back to me when we pulled up to this dairy to get some fresh milk. The outfit I went to when I was a kid was nothing like this...it was just a single old lady who milked her one or two cows and kept the fresh milk on her front porch in a fridge which you could go to at any time and replenish your supply, leaving the appropriate amount of money on a chair on the porch...oh the simple good ol' days! When Bec told me we were going to get some fresh milk, I was not expecting this...what a treat it was! Just inside the entrance to the dairy farm is this little machine where you place your your own bottle and €1 gets you one liter of milk. Yum Yum...truly fresh milk!!

No comments: