Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ghanaian School kids

White person + camera + crowd of Ghanaian kids = a very excited crowd of Ghanaian kids. We stopped by the school in the village where the serious erosion problem was. The children at every school that I have been too get so excited when they see a white person. Class more or less does not go on for the whole school until I leave the premises because the kids are so interested to see the white person. This is the first school where I asked to take a picture but I could not get the kids to stand still long enough before they were rushing to me to see the picture! I was backing up as I was taking this picture, trying not to fall. I quickly finished and said good-bye without letting them see the picture. I felt bad for this but I really didn't think my camera would survive a display.

No comments: