Monday, March 06, 2006

Copenhagen

After a lovely evening at a party with Bernard where the guest played chamber music and sang, I had to run off to Copenhagen for the weekend before having to head to Aarhus, Denmark for work this week. I visited a friend I met back in September when I first went to Copenhagen to work. We met a an excellent jazz club. Anyway, we hung out this weekend. We ate at a Vietnamese restaurant where I finally got to eat some soft spring rolls with peanut sauce...YUM!! Getting our table was quite weird. The couple in front of us was told there was a 30-40 minute wait for a table. I think they left. We came up next and we got seated immediately. Elton thinks it was because they were Muslim that they got told the wait time. After that dinner, we returned to the jazz club, La Fontaine, where we first met. The singer that night was was having her 40th birthday party! The band was really good. She could do that skit-skat stuff quite well. It was a fun show! Elton's friend Christian eventually joined us and we headed to a late night joint to grab some food. We all walked back to my hotel where Elton played the piano and sang us one of his songs. Oh, he's a musician...you can check out some of his music on mysapce.com...The Sohio Project Sunday, after a bit of recovering from a little too much to drink the previous night, Elton took me to a place where there was an excellent brunch as picture. Isn't it verly lovely looking as well? After that we went and listened to some of his music and see his music video. On top of simply liking his music, his music is actually what most of my friends would say is the type I like to listen to now. So, I think his music rocks and you guys should all check it out! His video was very creative. After the quick, fun weekend, I had to dash off to Aarhus where now it's work time. Although, it's quite nice bcause they only work 36 hours/week and leave the office by 4 or 4:30pm. If only the rest of the world would work like that! So, I recommend checking out Copenhagen, thought you might want to avoid the winter...it's freakin' cold!

No comments: