Sunday, December 25, 2005

Fair-trade coffee shop

In my search for non-profit, human aid, human rights groups with offices here in London, I discovered a group Oxfam that is starting to open coffee shops named Progreso that serve only fairtrade coffee. As it's Christmas day and closed, I can't go today but I will hit them up tomorrow. Oxfam main focus isn't these shops, just one project they've started doing. I just thought it was an interesting as they not only serve the coffee, but they also get involved with the coffee growers. Maybe there is someone out there interested in helping to open one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is an interesting concept - nonprofits opening retail type storefronts. There's a Ben & Jerry's ice cream shop at the corner of 5th and Baylor that is partnered with a nonprofit that serves homeless teenagers. I love eating ice cream and helping homeless teens at the same time!

Jaynna Sims said...

Yeah, I had heard about that. I think they picked a bad location because it's behind Lamar and too close to Amy's. I never actually made it to the Ben and Jerry's but it is an excellent idea