Thursday, December 29, 2005

No Smoking


One of the best features of America is how it takes away the right of its citizens to smoke in public establishments (say like restaurants). You forget how you take it for granted that you can go out for a nice bite to eat and not come home smelling like smoke. It makes me wonder why people would spoil their eating experience with the smell and take of smoke. Everynight I come home, my clothes inevitably smell like smoke. So America, keep up the good work of limiting the rights of your citizens!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Austin is going through the throes of a smoking ban in all bars - lots of complaining and a few lawsuits, but on your next trip back to Austin you'll be able to listen to music and drink lots of beer in a smoke-free environment!

Jaynna Sims said...

I can't wait!! I've since found out that London (or maybe all of UK) has passed a smoking ban but it won't go into effect until another year so to give establishments time to create a "non-smoking" environment...so I guess it is not a total ban but more like we had back in the day in the US.