Monday, December 26, 2005

Getting to know the hotel staff


I met a sous chef at the hotel 2 nights ago and he invited me to a dinner he was doing for some of his chef friends in the hotel. He's the one at the head of the table (I know it's a horrible picture, but it was the best I could get). It was such an international mix...Brazilians, Spanish, Dutch, Australians, Germans, British, Italians and American (me). It was a lovely dinner and fun crowd. Fortunately, they didn't talk shop too much. I got to hear some hotel gossip and learn a bit more the inner workings of a hotel.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never met a sous chef but I've always thought it's a cool sounding title. That must have been a tasty meal then?

Jaynna Sims said...

It was quite good. The main course was goose...This was only my 2nd time to have goose. The first time was 2 weeks ago when I went to Germany. This goose was much more juicy. The appetizers and sides were also excellent.

Anonymous said...

When I was kid (interpret that to mean until college sometime), I used to think it was a "soup chef" which I thought was a noble title...

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was me, not anonymous....