Saturday, February 25, 2006

Cheltenham

I feel I should do a post dedicated to the city Cheltenham I stayed in this past week while at the customer. While I didn't get to see a whole lot, what I did see was very lovely. It is a very posh town and has lots of nice little shops. You ladies could have fun strolling down the Promenade and High Street doing some shopping. And for you gentlemen, Cheltenham is known for its horse racing. The royals used to trek up to Cheltenham to enjoy the races. It is said there is much drunkenness when the horse races are going on. There do seem to be some nice restaurants, small joints. I did hit up a chain Thai place, Jim Thompsons. Maybe some of you history buffs will know this name to be a famous American explorer who visited Thailand quite a bit (I didn't know the name). The food was good, but nothing to rave about. There is some music venues to be had but I didn't go to any. I stayed in the Queens Hotel...very old school nice. The bar in there is quite lively at night as it stays open past the 11pm hour. I went to a pub with a couple of guys from the customer and we had a fun time and good chat. It was a neat neighborhood pub they brought me to and if I remember the name I'll update this post. Be prepared to share a pint with a dog or 2 here.

No comments: