Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Deutsche Borse Photography Prize 2006

Sunday afternoon I went to see this exhibit at The Photographer's Gallery. It didn't start well as the first photographer made me wonder why he is being considered for this show and I am not (I won't say which one it is as I'm curious to know if others have the same reaction). The 2nd photographer I saw re-assured me that these gallery people weren't crazy and could pick a good photographer. The 3rd photographer's exhibit wasn't exactly a photograph exhibit. It was a video of people standing in front of a picture of a forest singing (what appeared to be in a karaoke format but they were good) The Smiths songs. I don't recall the songs so it is possible the songs pertained to the image behind them. It was entertaining. I would say that the show was worth going and don't be discouraged if you see the photographer's exhibit I saw first...better is to come.

1 comment:

Jaynna Sims said...

Yes, it is Robert Adams. Can you tell me what he has done that is good??

I enjoyed Mark's stuff. He's good at eliciting emotions in his photos. Thanks for sharing!