Sunday, February 05, 2006

Wedding day

My sister and I started the day out right at the hairdressers with a bottle of champagne :). Notice how she protects her glass from the tons of hairspray the hair stylist used on her hair! Champagne and getting pretty so go hand in hand! I recommend it to everyone...It's the way to go!





After the wedding, we took pictures and had a few drinks. From there we all walked in mass to the reception, being lead by the new couple. The reception was loads of fun music and dancing with loads of excellent food and wine! I wish I could more pictures of the festivities. The Russians (my sisters's new husband is Latvian) have a wonderfully fun custom to getting the couple to kiss on demand by yelling the word "Gorka!" (Bitter) and then counting until they stop kissing. Back in the day, the couple would do a shot of Vodka (which is bitter) and had to kiss to make it sweet so the longer they kissed, the sweeter it became. Eventually, some of the guys did the classic russian male dance of going up and down kicking that one leg out. Unfortunately, I didn't get a good picture of the leg out. There was an old French guy that is your classic flirty french guy! I tell you, this is a man enjoying life! He flirted with everyone and kept giving my dad stiff competition for mom! We couldn't understand a word he was saying but he kept coming up to us and rambling. Such a cute, little old man! What a good time it all was!

No comments: