Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Dusseldorf

While I didn't have time to see much of Dusseldorf, I liked the vibe I got about the town. For a city it's size, it seemed to have a decent level of diversity in it. Mostly I say this from the variety of Asian restaurants :). I also felt there was a good mix of the old with the new. While I didn't see the main church in town, I did stumble across this unexpectedly, brightly painted yellow church. A bit of ways down the river was some modern architecture. The metal building pictured was done by the architect Gehry. I have never heard of him but the building was quite interesting. There were also some more trees that reminded me of the tree I saw in Avignon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture of the trees. It's almost as if they are doing a choreographed dance of sorts.

For some reason I thought you had the Louis XIV cd for awhile, didn't realize you bought it here ... oh wait, didn't know you WERE here in the states ...!

Jaynna Sims said...

MUWYAH-HAHAHAHA! (That's suppose to be my evil laugh)