Wednesday, February 22, 2006

L.A. and San Francisco

I spent a day in LA and got to see my uncles. It was a brief, but good visit. They have been remodeling/adding onto a house and it is almost complete. It's looking real good!! I lucked out and got a convertible for my rental and drove with the top down, basking in the vaguely familiar sunlight. I had to post all the sunny pictures to brighten up my blog! I had Philipino cuisine for lunch/brunch. I realized that I had never eaten Philipino food before. It was tasty and quite different. I had a typical Philipino breakfast dish, meat, rice and egg at Manila Good-Ha. The restaurant was on a strip that had tons of Asian restaurants so if you want a variety and what I would guess authentic Asian food, just drive down South Vermont Avenue. Afterwards, I meandered down Sunset Blvd to Santa Monica Beach...what a fun drive in a convertible! I walked on the beach some and finally put my feet in the Pacific. Definitely too cold for swimming. I then walked down Main Street in Santa Monica. There are some interesting clothing shops there. I also went over to the Promenade and bought a couple of cd's. One of them is the new release by Belle & Sebastian. It is much edgier than their other stuff. Let me stress that it is edgier for them so don't expect hard core edge. And to those who think I only listen to whiny/mopey music, I also bought a Louis XIV cd. They are a fun band! Sort of White Stripe-ish. (They will be in London on February 28th) I did the drive to the beach to this cd. I then spent the rest of the work week in San Francisco taking a class for work. It was informative and I got to meet some fun people. And I got to see my teammate Sri!

No comments: