Saturday, January 14, 2006

All work and no play

I think since everyone was busy catching up with emails last week, that this week lent itself to being when all the real work started. On top of doing my normal work day, I also had a conference call from 7-10pm. I did manage to meet up with Jennifer for a drink after that. We hit one pub in time to have one beer before it closed. There was the most adorable bartender working there (he looked like he could be a kid...am I getting old?). We both felt like one more drink so we wander around to find a place that was still open. The problem with this is that since most pubs tend to close at 11, the only thing left open are loud clubs. We both wanted something quiet and relaxing and were having a hard time finding that. We finally settled on a place called The O Bar. The place ended up growing on us. The music is a fun mix and while most people are lounging around talking, when the music moves them, they get up and dance right there by their table. There were some fun people to watch, mostly because they were drunk. Last night, Bernard and I went for dinner at a Thai place called Mangosteen Thai Restaurant. It was excellent! We did a set menu so we had appetizer, soup and main course with some sauteed greens. There was not a bad dish! Right now it is at the top of my list for Thai, even though they don't have my favorite, spring rolls (which I know is more vietnamese which is why I won't slight them for it :) ). Oh, and my phone and internet are working now! The provider came around and fixed it. My outlets were not wired right. I think he was suppose to charge me but he didn't...sometimes it's good to be girl. Last but not least, I've included a picture of the scene just a block away...yep, Hyde Park.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, can I get to eat a mangosteen in London? I hear they are most tasty (and banned here due to bugs)...

Jaynna Sims said...

I'll have to look into it. I didn't even know what a Mangosteen is so I researched it. I have no idea if there was anything on the menu with them. Maybe they can be found at a market.