Wednesday, January 25, 2006

France gets to everyone

I arrived in Avignon Sunday night after an uneventful trip. I finally got to meet my sister's fiancee, Vitalik. He's very kind and good hearted. Not a bad catch! It took less than a day for my mom to get into the spirit of the French and partake of some wine with her meal! For those who don't know here, my mother has had but a handful of sips of drinks in her life so it's always a big deal for me when I see my mom drink. She has been the adventurous person with the wine here...willing to at least take a sip of wines we say she may like. Could this be a new era for my mom?? Anyway, we are staying in a flat in the town center of Avignon, within the old city walls. It is a very quaint, quintessential smaller French town. The streets are narrow and lined with various shops. It is a lovely town and area to visit on a leisurely pace. We mixed our first day with some needed shopping and sight-seeing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think they call it "Le Metro".