Sunday, January 15, 2006

Russian Winter Festival

I went to a Russian Winter Festival on Saturday at Trafalgar Square. There was a good size crowd filling the square. If anything, the festival probably could have handled being held somewhere larger. There was a stage which housed some live performances ranging from traditional dance to modern rock (all Russian of course). I arrived just in time to miss the classic traditional dancing. The rest of the performances had the overtop quality that is often found I think in European acts. The Russians really seem to like the performances though. The costumes were quite intricate. As for booths, there were a few food booths and a couple of Russian tourist shopping booths and a couple of information booths. This is only the 2nd year so I should go easy on it. I think I have gotten accustom to the abundance of festivals in Austin that are well established and have plenty to do/see.

No comments: