Thursday, January 05, 2006

Indian Food and Brick Lane

After the marionette show, we went for Indian food on the famous Brick Lane. Brick Lane is what I would call Little India. The street is quite intimate...narrow, cobble-stoned, and short buildings. I realy enjoyed it. On Sundays they do a market somewhere on there that I'll need to go check out. So I finally had Indian food in London. We had one dish that was quite spicy so it took away from me tasting the food. The place is suppose to be good place though (sorry I don't have the name). Oh, and they had a dish there that had hard boiled egg whites in it (we didn't get that dish though). I hadn't seen that in Indian food until I ate some of Savil's mom's cooking so I figure it's very authentic Indian (this is from my fairly naive knowledge of Indian food).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried many indian desserts? What about Gulab Jamun? It's very interesting. Just don't ask what it's made of, nor should you focus too much on what it looks like.

Jaynna Sims said...

no I haven't but now I may cautiously try one.