Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Busy work days, no fun

The last 2 days have been swamped. I broke for dinner last night from work with things we were preparing to show the customer today broken. I ended up not getting to bed until 2:30am, only to have to get up at 4:50am to catch my flight to Frankfurt. There was no time for seeing Frankfurt, thus I have no picture. But I will tell you it was cold, drury and snow flurries. Oh, and did you know that Lufthansa won't let you fly stand-by if you have a restricted (cheap) flight!!!! What's that about! Oh, and I wen to dinner last night at the worst place I've been to yet!! It was in Soho. I don't know the name, but will get it so that everyone can avoid it! Having a horrible meal was not what I wanted as my break from work! It was a Korean restaurant. Sorry for such a negative post, but it's been a long 2 days.

On a brighter side. I road on the Autobahn today for the first time. My German collegue picked us up from the airport to take us to the customer site. He went 200km/h = 124mph(He says if he had his winter tires on he could go faster). Man I just calculated that and it is the fastest I've ever gone in a car! This was the first time I've ridden in a car since I've been here and it was quite an odd feeling that came over me. I almost felt like I was back home just because I was in a car and felt a bit sad because it made me miss everyone more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m sorry you’re feeling homesick. I’m happy you’re back—welcome back to London!

Jaynna Sims said...

Thanks. It's been a long few days. We should get together for a drink.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you've had a rough past few days. Hopefully it can only get better. We miss you too.

Next time you'll have to try driving the autobahn! I've always wanted to. Just imagining driving as fast as I dare with no police interaction puts a smile on my face.

Jaynna Sims said...

The autobahn is soooo you Debbie! I'm surprised you don't dream about it more at night!