Thursday, January 19, 2006

A couple of good food experiences

So, this week has been boring from an explore london perspective. With work and still trying to get everything sorted to live here, I haven't had much time for fun. My food experiences on Wednesday were good though.

For lunch I found an Italian delicatessen close to my flat. They have really good sandwhiches (which is saying a lot coming from me as I'm hardly a sandwich person). The staff are all Italian or speak Italian. The basement has Italian food products to be bought. I definitely have found a good source for some authentic Italian ingredients. Oh, and to top it off, they were playing Manu Chao on their stereo. Good points on my side. Sorry i don't remember the name. I meant to go back by and get it. I can't find it on the web either.

For dinner, I went to a tapas place called La Rueda. As it was just me eating, I didn't get to sample much so I won't comment on the food. I do think I've learned not to get octopus as a tapa. They don't like to cut the fat off and it's quite slimy. It got great reviews though. I did enjoy the ceiling filled with wine bottles. I had interesting neighbors...I'm sure the man at the table is mafia. I used the time eating to brainstorm what I thought were major child issues around the world and which one I wanted to try to tackle in my volunteering. Particularly, I wanted to find one that I thought would solve some of the other problems if that one problem was directly addressed. While I think I'm decided on what I want to do, in my final stages of research, I may find that I have to adjust this. Tonight, I'm continuing my research.

No comments: