Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Ritika visits briefly

Ritika got to visit for about 24 hours. It was brief but great to see someone from back home! I finally went to a pub in my neighborhood which we found out didn't serve food which is what we were searching for. In the evening, we got together with Jennifer and Bernard at the Thai restaurant previously mentioned Mangosteen for dinner. While my squid dish was exceptionally spicy (all those that tried agree), everyone else had lovely dishes. I had to sooth my mouth with a Thai iced tea with milk. I did get some tasty sticky rice with mango for dessert. Afterwards we had hopes of going to the Ice Bar. However, it turns out it's best to make reservations for it on a Saturday night...oh well, next time. We went to a pub in the area, had a beer and called it a night. Ritika and I had a lazy morning at first but then I had to kick it into gear and get packed for my week off in France for my sister's wedding. It was great to see Ritika and I hope more of you get to come visit!

No comments: