Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Electric Cinema

Sunday night I decided to venture over to Notting Hill to check out The Producers film at the Electric Cinema. Rigid cinema seats no more!! Soft leather armchairs with feet rest are what's it all about!! That is what everone gets in this theater! And if you are a couple and want to snuggle, you can pay just a few pounds more for a plush leather loveseat for 2 in the back! Oh, and would you like a beer, cocktail, glass or bottle of wine to go with that movie, by all means, get one at the bar (but only before the movie starts or during intermission)! There are even little side tables to put your drink and snack (nothing grand here) on. The theatre itself is one of the originals and they have maintained the original look besides the seat improvement. If you are looking for a nice relaxing cinema experience, it can't be beat (at least from what I've seen and as for now that is not much)! I could be biased as I haven't had a decent seat to sit in since I've been here (my hotel room chairs are horrendous!). As there only one screen and seating is reduced, you might want to plan in advance to come, though I got in fine alone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"decent seat" == "Jaynna ghetto style seating".

Debbie noted today my passenger seat no longer reclines. Seems you left just in the nick of time...

Jaynna Sims said...

You know...it took a minute to get your comment. I thought ghetto referred to the quality of the seat, not it ability kick back :). Boy did I leave in time...I wouldn't be able to ride with you anymore but I guess that is ok since you never drive anymore.

Anonymous said...

Now if we could only convince Alamo Drafthouse to implement the same style seating, wouldn't that be a treat? Beer, wine, food and people to wait on you while you recline in utter bliss! I'd never have trouble getting Bill the movies again!

Anonymous said...

I like how theaters over there allow you to eat and drink while watching films. The setup sounds nice. Reclining seats are so lovely! (I spent a good 5 minutes fiddling with Carter's seat trying to get it to recline alittle before he said, "Please don't break my seat")

Jaynna Sims said...

Actually, they don't recline, but you can slouch enough with the foot rest (ottoman) that you feel like you are reclining. And the food is really just snacks, not actually main course like Alamo Drafthouse. With as many theatres as they are putting in Austin, they could do one with all plush seats! Is Carter being sweet and saving the seat breaking for me? :)