Saturday, January 07, 2006

The Flat

So, I finally moved in!! There is too much drama to put here for what I had to go thru to finally get in to the flat, but because of it all, I'm so happy it's over with. My internet was not successfully turned on as promised and they said it could be a week before they could look into it!!!! That's freakin' crazy!!! For now, I'm pirating wireless :) (Should I not acknowledge that so openly on a blog?) Here are pics of my flat. I didn't include a picture of the 2nd bedroom as its empty waiting for a bed. Nor do you get to see my illegal patio. All the walls are very baron...Combine that with a modern look, and the place feels a bit sterile so I have some peronsal touch to do. No, none of the fireplaces work. Actually, it's somewhat interesting I think...That UK/London skyline that is famous for it's multiple chimneys on the rooftops, quite a bit of them are probably not functional now. So, this is my flat. Those who make it over get to stay in the mysterious 2nd bedroom/darkroom. Oh, my landlord is this perfect older English distinquished gentleman, very sweet guy. He just moved back to London from working for the Prince of Dubai (now King as the father died) to help take care of his mother in law. Seems like he might have some interesting stories. After proofing this post, I think it is probably my worst post yet. I will post anyway.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaynna, I think that's the nicest place you've ever lived! It looks great. Add some candles and a few empty beer bottles and it will be like home.
By the way, Hook 'Em.

Anonymous said...

Where did the furniture come from? Part of the flat are have you done all of that in just a day or two. Looks like a good start to being really fun...

Jaynna Sims said...

The place was recently remodelled and it still has that new carpet/appliance/drywall smell so I really need to get candles to help get rid of the smell. So far I haven't found a place that can compare with the selection of Target for getting household basics. I'll keep looking Oh, and the flat was already furnished, I just have to get a few loose end things.

Am - I'm sure you are living it up about the Horns!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a really nice apt! I look forward to staying in the extra bedroom! Sounds like you need to get a Lampe Bergere - it will quickly remove odors of all kinds.

Jaynna Sims said...

You know, I have always heard of Lampe Berger, but never looked at any to know what the talk was about so I looked them up on the web. Looks like they have neat "lamps". Do they really work that well? And I can't to have visitors!

Jaynna Sims said...

Thanks for the tip!