Sunday, January 01, 2006

It's alive!!!!!!

The ipod has been revived without loosing all my music!! Oh, if only you could all feel the happiness this brings me!!! I read all kinds of forms, all telling me that one of the things I should try is a restore (which is a reformat, thus loosing my music). The problem with this is that I could even get my computer to recognize my ipod to do a restore. Finally I got it to work and the restore become an option. As nothing else had worked, I decided to try. Alas, the restore even failed!!! How this makes me happy because the led me to research more. Within 30 minutes I found a post on the Ilounge forum that said the solution to my woes was simply to take the harddrive out of the ipod, give it a shake and put it back together. I had read solutions similar but were more about disconnecting and reconnecting harddrive and battery. I had really wanted to avoid taking it apart for fear of voiding my warranty. A shake could happen without taking it apart so....I held the ipod in one hand and gave one good tap with my other hand.....instantly it started working again!!!!! I giggled with happiness! My computer, Itunes and the Ipod Updater all recognize it. Now I'm using a nifty little program called EphPod to copy the music from my ipod to my laptop (my laptop harddrive crashed about a month ago so all songs were lost from my computer). Sorry this is so long, but I wanted to share the journey with you so that you can understand why it makes me so happy.

No comments: