Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Au Lac (Vietnamese Restaurant)

Oh yes! I have found a most excellent Vietnamese restaurant, called Au Lac. I went there with Bernard and Jennifer after I checked out the squatting situation. I probably had one of the best meals yet! We had what I call soft spring rolls (also known as summer rolls or fresh rolls). While they were a bit more simple than I am used to, it was the best I've had in London. Then we ordered a Crispy Traditional Pancake. I think Carter ordered something very similar to this at Tam's not too long before I left Austin. I must say, this was way tastier than the one at Tam's. For the main course, Bernard ordered Stewed Goat in a hot pot. The sauce on that was most excellent, while some of the meat was a bit chewy (but this should not take away from it's yummy-ness). I order the dish in the picture. It so far is the closest to one of my favorite dishes at Tam's. Again though, a bit more simple and the rice paper was over steamed and so mushy. I will try the pork one next time. Jennifer had already eaten so she only tried the pancake, and she agrees that it was yummy! Oh, I forgot to mention that is one of the restaurants in "Little Vietnam" on Kingsland Rd. I'm trying to keep my search going of good restaurants to take my visitors to :).

No comments: